- Olivelle Pasta Rocks
- Glossop’s No. 4 Hibiscus Ginger Syrup
- Whole Spice Granulated Honey
- Rock the Roll Ginger Sesame Barbecue Sauce
- East Shore Foods Dipping Fudge
- Preservation & Co. Green Sriracha
- The Bagel Shake Co. Original Everything Blend
- Jem Raw Organics Cashew Cardamom Sprouted Almond Spread
- Redcamper Strawberry Limoncello Deliciousness
- Charleston Gourmet Burger Co. Original Burger Marinade – This is a repeat for us, but one I am glad to see. The turkey burgers we made with this were delicious!
- Bitters, Brad Thomas Parsons
- My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag . . . and Other Things You Can’t Ask Martha, Jolie Kerr
- Bossypants, Tina Fey
- Belle Cora, Phillip Margulies
- The Girls at the Kingfisher Club, Genevieve Valentine
This spring and summer has been a good stretch for conference travel – in mid-May, Medical Libraries took me back to Austin, TX, which I last visited for a wedding. Luckily for me, those same friends still live there, so I was able to spend lots of time with them, and a college friend of theirs who is in town for part of the summer. Continue reading
The problem with not writing this stuff up right away is that the resulting posts get shorter with the passage of time. (I suppose that for some of you this is not necessarily a downside.) In any case, here’s a look at the breweries I visited in Portland in March.
This is by no means a comprehensive list of all the breweries you can visit in Portland, OR. For the most part, it’s just the breweries that were in walking distance of my hotel, as that was the easiest way to avoid getting overwhelmed with options. I’m not going to list all the beers I had while I was out there – if you’re that curious, scroll back in my untappd history to March 24 – 30. Continue reading
I was lucky enough to get to go to Portland, Oregon for the ACRL conference this spring, a city I’d long wanted to visit. I didn’t wind up extending my trip but a whole lot, but I did have about two full days that were free of work obligations. And Portland is such a compact city that it wound up being really easy to pack in a lot of sightseeing. I would gladly go back again, though I think I would want to make sure I spent some time in Mt. Hood National Forest and the Columbia Gorge.