So, I have had these links for quite some time, in some cases. Here’s some fun stuff to check out if you’re bored. Or avoiding homework. Or avoiding looking for jobs.
- Magwerk. These are pretty cool online magazines that actually look like real magazines. So far they’ve got three: one about gaming, another on art and design, and a third on music and lifestyle. I looked through the art & design one briefly, and I liked it. My only complaint is that they need a proofreader if they really intend to keep going with this. Typos are not forgiven just because you’re online, even if you are a Flash guru. You cannot use your amazing Flash skills to blind me to your typos! (Warning: this will probably kill your computer if you’re on a slow connection. Also, you need Flash.)
- Solar-powered streetlights with WiFi! Brilliant! That’ll only take about 30 years to take off in the US.
- Weather forecasting umbrella. Feel free to buy this for me.
- Why you should continue to date me; a series of charts and graphs by Joel A. Friesen. He could have won me back with this presentation. I’m not sure what that says about me.
- Fun with logos at What I Learned Today. Make your own versions of a few brand-name logos.
- Trashy vintage novels as iPod cases.
- Something about ripping off Barbie’s head to expose a USB drive really appeals to me. Scroll all the way down.
- Warning label generator.
- Top Ten Alternative Search Engines. I haven’t tried these yet, but this is pretty neat. This lists search engines for jobs, recipies, medical information and current events.
- Ever wonder what an eighth of a ton of Silly Putty looks like? Leave it to Google…
- Windows Keyboard Shortcuts. Some old, some new.
- Striped shirt guys. Are you one of them? (Warning: this could be considered slightly vulgar.)
- Scrollbar scarf. Ha!
- Smart, disposable coffee lid? How about smart coffee-drinkers?
- egoSurf looks for Google hits to your blog. I am a big loser. Loser!