Modded Corded

I started working on Corded a few weeks ago but was struggling with it a little bit. Not because the pattern itself is difficult (seed stitch) but because the fiber, Noro Daria, is weird to work with. I was having all kinds of problems knitting properly with it (not to mention the dpns forever sliding right out . . . oops). I finally messed up the stitch pattern somehow and frogged the whole thing. I still really wanted to make a little clutch or small “stuff” bag with it, and I liked the shape of corded. So, I followed the pattern in crochet. Brilliant!
To build the sides of the bag, I just crocheted a round into the outermost stich on the top side of the base, and then went from there. Woo! With an E hook and tight gauge, the bag is 2″ x 4″ at the base, and 2.75″ high, slightly smaller than Grumperina’s specs. It’d be easy enough to make this tiny (change purse) or larger (actual clutch handbag size) and otherwise modify away. I’ve got another skein in this color, so I think I’ll do up another one of these for a gift.

Advertisements

One thought on “Modded Corded

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s