Here’s what I completed in June. Links below take you to my reviews on Goodreads.com.
- The Host: A Novel, Stephenie Meyer
- How We Are Hungry, Dave Eggers
- The Secret Between Us, Barbara Delinsky
- A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, Dave Eggers
- American Pastoral, Philip Roth
- Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
June was a month of re-reading — of the six, three are ones I’ve read at least once before (Huxley & Eggers). And I enjoyed “The Host” enough to encourage you to at least consider reading it. And by consider, I mean go to a library or bookstore, get it off the shelf, and do whatever it is you do to determine if you want to read a random book or not. (I dip into different spots in the book and read a few paragraphs. If I want to keep going I know I’m leaving with it.)