Here’s what I completed in December 2008. Links below take you to my reviews on Goodreads.com.
- The White Tiger: A Novel, Aravind Adiga
- Marie Antoinette: The Journey, Antonia Fraser
- The Wordy Shipmates, Sarah Vowell
In 2008 I read 73 books. I read the most (11 books) in February, and the least (3) in August, November and December. Not counting 8 of them (two audiobooks, two cookbooks, four craft/design books), that’s 65 books, which averages out to 5.4 a month, or about 1.25 books a week.
Additional breakdowns by type (there is overlap here):
- 2 audiobooks
- 4 for bookclubs
- 2 cookbooks
- 4 craft/design books (2 gardening, 1 crochet, 1 random DIY book)
- 2 books about library stuff
- re-read 3 books
- 41 works of fiction
- 9 books of short stories
- 15 works of nonfiction
- 2 I didn’t finish