This box came pretty late – we were almost a week into August by the time it arrived.
- One Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean from Lafaza Vanillas
- 1.5 oz Sunflower Maca Cinnamon Honey Nut Butter from Bella Nut Butters
- 2 oz Cherry Chipotle Dipping Sauce from Not Ketchup
- 2 oz Coffee’d Tart Cherry preserves from Modern Gingham Preserves
- Smokey BBQ Seasoning from Fogg City Spice Co. (not pictured)
- 1.5-2 oz Growers Blend “Shorty” Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Other Brother Company
Why is this box doomed, you ask?
First, Handsome’s cats decided that the spice blend was a toy and chewed on the bag for a while, puncturing it. Luckily we had used it on some chicken legs that night, but there was a good amount left in that cute little zipper bag. I’m wishing I’d made us use a lot more of it in that meal.
Second, not one minute after I took the above glamour shot this happened:
Anyway. I think the cherries are perhaps destined for a cocktail – they are very small cherries and it looks like they’re in a syrup, so I think that will work nicely with some bourbon. The vanilla bean I’m not sure on yet. Maybe some vanilla ice cream. The rest, I’m not sure yet.
What I am sure of is that I am running out of room in the area in my kitchen that is designated for all these little things, so I think perhaps I need to make a point of trying to use up three or four of these items before the next box arrives.