- Bark: Stories, Lorrie Moore
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette, Maria Semple
- The Wonder Garden, Lauren Acampora
- The Redeemer, Jo Nesbo
- First Frost, Sarah Addison Allen
- While Beauty Slept, Elizabeth Blackwell
- My Brilliant Friend, Elena Ferrante (tranlsated by Ann Goldstein)
- Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mandel – yes, I read this just recently, but one of my book clubs wanted to read it and I was happy enough to do so!
Several of these books were read on the Kindle Paperwhite that Handsome gifted me recently. Overall it’s much like my Nook Simple Touch, but with two big differences. First, the screen can be backlit a little bit – helpful in low-light situations. It is a little distractingly glowy at some angles, but overall a great feature. Second, getting library ebooks onto it is a much faster and easier process that does not involve Adobe Digital Editions. The checkout process routes me from Overdrive to my Amazon account, where I then click to send the book to my Kindle. This happens wirelessly! Now I can get library books anywhere, anytime (quite literally, as I can turn my phone into a hotspot and connect my Kindle to it).