Icelandic Turtleneck

I’ve been working on the Icelandic Turtleneck from the Crochet Me book for a few weeks. I got a lot done right before and after the trip out to Colorado for Bill & Andrea’s wedding, but then let it sit for a while. Yesterday I picked it back up and got through the part where you create the armholes. I tried it on and it was too big, even though I’m making the smallest size and am under guage. Now, I can’t say I’m surprised to hear this because other folks have found that the pattern runs big as well – partly because of the stretchiness of the stitch, no doubt. I considered making smaller arm holes and throwing in some decreases at the same time, but decided that given the stretchiness of the fabric, it probably made more sense to rip back to the last spot where I increased for the shoulders and bust. So, I just ripped back 12 rows, and I’m going to give this another shot with half of the increases. If that doesn’t work, I think I might frog the whole thing and try again with an even smaller hook. We’ll see how it goes!